Monday, July 24, 2006

What, When, Why?

Tealou is a very private person (believe it or not) but without divulging too much of what she would like private I would like to tell you what she is going through and why she needs to be in the thoughts of all her friends. Tealou needs as much positive energy directed towards her as possible.

Tealou was admitted into a private hospital here in Perth (the name of which I will share when it becomes relevant, you will see why it isn't yet further down) on the 17th of July. Tealou went for surgery to her stomach which if all went well she would be discharged from hospital between 1 and 3 days later.

After the surgery Tealou was in a significant amount of pain. Tealou would fall in and out of consciousness, screaming from the pain when she was awake. I was told by the Dr that the pain was probably being caused by a perforation (he used the word 'leak') in the stomach and Tealou went into surgery again on Thursday the 20th.

During the surgery the Dr cleaned out Tealou's insides and inserted drains to help remove any extra 'fluid' (stomach acids and the like I assume). A tube also removes Tealou's 'fluid' from the inside, draining through her nose. No leak was found during the surgery but it is there somewhere. It is assumed that this 'leak' should close up by itself.

Since the surgery on the 20th, Tealou has been kept unconscious in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital. A machine breathes for her and she is hooked up with about 6 IV's. Tealou is currently fighting Sepsis brought on by a big infection which caused her temperature to spike to 40'Celcius. While her progress seems to be non existent at the moment her temp has fallen to the high 37's which is an improvement.

It is unknown when Tealou will be able to be woken up as she is not improving as fast as Dr's would like. As I write this, Tealou has been unconscious in the ICU for 4 days. Another Dr was called in to give another opinion today to see if there is anything else that can be done to help her. As of writing this, I haven't heard if the new Doc have any other ideas or not.

I don't want her location to be public just yet because the ICU is busy tending to the needs of its patients and doesn't have the resources to deal with calls about Tealou or flower deliveries. When Tealou is finally out of the ICU she will be able to receive flowers and cards. I will publish the name of the hospital for anyone who wants to know then.

When Tealou leaves the ICU she will still have a long stay in hospital ahead as her stomach will not work and she will require bed rest and nourishment through an IV line. I'm sure when this happens she will demand her laptop so she can talk to all her online friends.

Finally, I have created this site firstly to update everyone on Tealou's current condition but also because it is not guaranteed that Tealou will make it out of the ICU. While I personally believe that she will be alright there is a chance that she will be unable to fight this infection. This, above all else, is why she needs your thoughts. I will update you on her condition daily so check back regularly.

20 comments:

Sponky said...

She's certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Get better soon! You'll be in my prayers!

Craig said...

Shit...

Hopefully Tea fights through this. All the best for you and your family Jase.

Anonymous said...

Tea-I KNOW you will be reading all of these well wishes for yourself soon. Get well but take it as slow as you need to. Half a world away, but I will do anything I can to help. Just say the word.

Jason, you are a good man. I know you are taking the best possible care of Tea for you, your family, and all of us. Chin up my friend.

Rob Kidman said...

You know that Téa, and you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers Jase.

You're both strong, and I have no doubt that you and your wife will be vying it out for who goes on the laptop soon enough.

Much love coming your way mate. Much love.

Random said...

Ouch.

Hope she's better soon. Wind her up on our behalf when she's back. Just make sure to do so from a safe distance.

Anonymous said...

I'm very hopeful, but also very sad at the same time.

I'm at a lost for words for my friend Téa.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts, Tea.

We have all missed you heaps and hope that you come back to us soon, bigger and better than ever.

Thanks Jason for updating us on Tea's condition, I knew she was going to be in hospital and figured that something was not quite right when we hadn't heard from her for a while. Jason you are in my thoughts too, Tea is lucky to have you :)

Love
Bron
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Geez Tea,
I really hope you get better soon. thinking of you and your family
Skye xx

Anonymous said...

I too knew something was up because I expected to hear from Tea ages ago.
Get well soon HONEY! I am sure you will read all of these really soon. ICU is a wonderful place and it has given 2 of my family members back to me so I am sure it wont let me down.

HUGS Jas and Family. Thanks so much for updating us.

Shell

Anonymous said...

Tea and family you are in my thoughts. You are a strong woman Tea, you will get through this with flying colours.
Best wishes and Love,
Sam xx

Tasmiya said...

Tealou is in my thoughts. From reading her blog, I can tell she is a fighter and she will be back very soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Tea!

Get well soon girl!
There are bigger battles to face and win yet!
My thoughts go out to you Jase and all the family.

Be strong Tea.....you have everyone behind you.

Fee

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, chicky.
We will be thinking and praying for you!

Hugs and kisses,
Crystal and Ethan

Anonymous said...

Tea, my thoughts are with you and hope you will be back with us soon.

Jamie said...

Jase, it sounds like you and the family have got a long road ahead as Téa makes her recovery.

As Caz said, she, Sharp-Elle and I will be thinking of you. Best wishes from all of us.

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Tea. We're all thinking of you and miss you heaps.

Hugs for your family and Jase.

Belinda xx

Anonymous said...

Please get well soon, Téa. I'll be thinking about you.

Marph

Anonymous said...

Tea:
Just please recover soon--I know you're a fighter.
I'll pray.
May God bless you.
Shaloum.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»