Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday 25th July

Today marks five days since Tealou was put into her unconscious state. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it but she is physically looking better. This must from being in her friends thoughts. Her temperature is still in the high 37's but considering what it has been, high 37's might as well be normal.

Tealou is still fighting Sepsis and is being filled with antibiotics to try and reverse that.

Tealou will have an X-Ray later today to see it she is well enough to wean off of the respirator. If she is, she will be weaned over the course of a day or two. She is breathing a lot on her own now.

Scans yesterday showed that the 'leak' seems to have slowed to almost a stop and at this time no other surgery will be required.

Dr's seem to think her hospital stay could vary between 2 and 6 weeks after she leaves the ICU.

I want to thank everybody that has visited the site and shown their support for Tealou. I have enjoyed reading your comments and emails and have found them to be very comforting. Today has been the first day with some positive news and I believe a lot of that can be contributed to the positive energy being generated by her friends. Be sure that I will keep you posted everyday.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only just today been pointed to this blog - Tealou, everyone here is thinking of you and willing you to get better! Jase - I'm so glad to have logged on to post a comment and find your latest entry with some positive news.

Please get well soon - I am sending you the biggest "GET WELL" vibes I have (see, they're even in capital letters!)

Lots of love,
Chana, Mr. Chana, Josh & Ben

Rob Kidman said...

The latest news sounds very promising Jase, and I'm relived to read it.

Your wifey's a fighter mate. I know she'll be fine.

Constant vibes, thoughts, prayers and love coming Téa's and you and your family's way from my lil' island.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jase, though you don't know me.. I know a little about you guys from Tea. She is a wonderful person and she seems like a pretty strong one too. I just feel that she will get out of this one :)

Mina, Jules and you are more than enough reason to fight it. I hope she wakes up soon! I really miss talking to her a lot. You guys are in my thoughts.

-Jesi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update Jase! And the positive news. We will keep the good thoughts coming your way!

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that Tea finally seems to be on the improve.

Go Tea Go!!!!

Random said...

That sounds like progress then. Well-wishes sent.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jase for letting us know of Tea's condition. May Tea make a full and speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

I've only just heard about this blog as well. Jase, thank you so much for keeping everyone up to date on téa's progress.

Téa, we are thinking of you and send you our very best for a speedy recovery :) hang in there girl!

Love,
Cara, Sam, Rach and Charlie

Louche said...

Just heard the news. Thinking of you Jase, Tealou and your gorgeous bubbas.

Tea I hope you fight that nasty infection and get back on your feet soon.

Love,
Sweatergirl

Puss In Boots said...

Wishing you and the family all the best, and I hope Tealou gets better soon!

xox Puss

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Tea, but pleased to hear of some positive signs of recovery. I send you my hopes that this continues and she's home and back with you and her cherished children very soon.

dee

Anonymous said...

Very, very, very happy to read that. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear of some good news from your end!
Thank you for updating us and big hugs and love to you, Tea and the kids!
Sam xx

Anonymous said...

Really glad to hear some signs of improvement. I am sure Tea will pull through this. She is a strong woman!!
bug hugs to you guys (especially those beautiful bubbas Mina and Jules)
Skye xx

Anonymous said...

I knew some good news had to come soon! :)

GO TEA GO!!!! We have missed you so much!

Keep fighting it babe, you will be back on SA and MSN in no time!

Shell

Anonymous said...

Tea and Family

Please know that my thoughts are with you all during this difficult time. I hope that Tea recovers quickly and is back at home with her family in no time.

Trudi

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»